June 17, 2015

Far Beyond What I Was Told


Totally love the account of queen of Sheba 
meeting with king Solomon - 1 Kings 10:7-8 NLT. 

It's so extravagant, 
and it points me to the One Who is Greater than Solomon:
---
I didn’t believe what was said until I arrived here 
and SAW IT with my own eyes. 
In fact, I had not heard the half of it! 

YOUR WISDOM AND PROSPERITY 
ARE FAR BEYOND WHAT I WAS TOLD. 

How HAPPY your people must be! 
What a PRIVILEGE for your officials 
to stand here day after day, 
LISTENING TO YOUR WISDOM!
---

Hearing about Jesus, 
and experiencing Jesus for yourself
are two very different things. 

I pray we don't just know of Jesus, 
but really know Him personally. 

And yes, how blessed are we, 
that we get to serve Him,
and listen to His wisdom day after day. 


No comments:

Post a Comment